Hyatt Happenings

Monday, December 13, 2010

Happy Days Christmas Party

Let me just start out by saying, Thursday was a C.R.A.Z.Y.!! It was like a "how many things can I fit into one day" kind of day! It was a bit hectic getting out the door that morning, making sure I had all the gifts, etc., getting a call that they had sent my PawPaw to the hospital and then scrambling around trying to find a last-minute babysitter for the kids that afternoon, didn't start things off on the "right" foot. But alas, we made it to the party! Everything was going FAIRLY smoothly, until I go to fix Sutton a bottle to find I left it at home (in another bag I might add). Thankfully, I had some baby food to hold him over.

Back to the party. The kids had a great time; however, I was told by another mom (Kristin), that it was a little too long...lol! We baked and decorated cookies, visited Santa, made an ornament, opened gifts, played musical chairs and ate!




































I won't go into all the other crazy details of my day....but, it all got done and I was able to meet all of my obligations and work in a dentist appointment!
It's hard to believe that it's already December and we are out on Christmas break. So, at 3 1/2, Sawyer recognizes ALL his shapes, colors, recognizes most numbers 1-10 and can count (almost) to 20 and recites ABC's (although we need to work on recognizing some letters). He can also spell and recognize his name. After Christmas, they will start working on writing their names.
It's been a great year so far and can't wait to see what the next half holds!

No comments:

Post a Comment