Hyatt Happenings

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Happy 3rd Birthday Sawyer




We decided this year we would take Sawyer to the zoo, since he has never been, and have a small party at the house on Tuesday night. He loved the zoo, as we knew he would. He loved all the animals, especially the elephants, giraffes and zebras. He also loved the carousel, jungle gym, sprinklers and fish exhibits (it looks like we also need to make a trip to the aquarium). It was a good day, hot, but good, with only one MAJOR meltdown at "toy" stand beside the giraffes. We managed to get out of there with ONLY 2 stuffed animals, one being for Sutton (i'm sorry, but am i the only one who thinks that stuffed animals are the most useless toy?!?)!

Tuesday was his actual birthday and was also a "school" day. I made cookies and sent juice boxes to school. After school, we went to Granna's to take a nap and once she got home, I left to go back to the house to set up for the party. It was too hot to be outside, so I set up his party in the playroom. It was simple, just cake and ice-cream, but all the kids seemed to have a good time, Sawyer especially!! He loved that it was all about him. He loved all his gifts, but the "hit" of the night was Buzz Lightyear. So, now my "baby" is 3! Sometimes, matt corrects me when i call him a baby, but i don't care how old he gets, he will always be my "baby". Sawyer - "I'll love you forever, i'll like you for always, as long as I'm living, my baby you'll be."

2 comments:

  1. I've never been a fan of stuffed animals, but when Kensley was in the hospital, she got tons of them, so now we a big net to put them all in. I haven't took the time to count them yet, but she has to have at least 50. They've kind of grown on me now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa - i can only imagine. i know sometimes people want to get something and they know all kids love stuffed animals, it is just they take up SOOO much space. I've already bagged some up to take to goodwill, but i'm going to have to sneak them out or else sawyer will have a fit!

    ReplyDelete