Hyatt Happenings

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Bye-Bye Paci

Well, Sawyer has now decided that he is a BIG boy! Although a part of me is relieved we are done with Paci, there is another part of me that is a bit sad. He's not a "baby" anymore...although he still has Puppy!

It was really quite simple. He saw some legos on TV the other day and wanted them. I told him if he threw his paci away that he could get them, because they were "big boy" toys. And that was that. He was ready to throw his paci in the garbage right then. I had to talk him out of it because I didn't have the legos yet and I knew we would be in trouble come bedtime. I held him off for a day or two until I could make it to Wal-Mart.

I dropped him off from school and told him I was going to get his prize. When we got home, I let him open it. It was a Thomas the Train lego set. He loved it and wanted to put it together immediately. I told him Mommy wasn't good at stuff like that and we should wait on Daddy, but he didn't let me off the hook. He said "mom, you can do it". So, I attempted to put together a lego set that is designed for 3 yr. olds and of course couldn't figure it all out...lol! Thank goodness the child has one parent that is mechanically inclined and it ISN'T me!

Has has asked for it a couple of times, but it really hasn't been that big of a deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment