Hyatt Happenings

Friday, July 2, 2010

Oh, the Joys of Potty Training (insert sarcasm)!!


Potty training is something I think I've been dreading since day one!! If I could fast-forward through this period of time, or hire someone to do it for me, I think I would. I think I've been holding out hope that one day he would wake up and he would magically "get it". Unfortunately, that hasn't happened, so now it's on to plan B.....potty training him myself. Of course, this is something that I want to happen but it's just the process of getting there that is so dreadful. Sawyer's school really prefers the three year olds to be potty trained (which I can't blame them), so that is giving me some incentive to "bite-the-bullet". Through advice from family/friends (and the Internet), I've decided to skip the pull-ups (for the most part) and go straight to underwear. I have to say, it hasn't been fun, been messy and time consuming, but it really hasn't been as bad as what I thought it would be. As you can see from the picture, I'm making the potty very convenient....lol!! He doesn't want to take time to actually go to the bathroom, so I decided to bring the "bathroom" to him.....whatever works, right?!?! I'm also setting a timer every few minutes to remind Sawyer and myself to put him on the potty. Of course, we are rewarding with M&Ms!! By the way, I do understand that one day he will kill me for posting this picture, but I'm his mother and he has to love me no matter what, right?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment