Hyatt Happenings

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Vacation Bible School


So, Monday started out with vacation bible school at Plainview Church of Christ (this is where Sawyer goes to MDO). He was a little leery when I left, because he didn't recognize his teacher. He asked me to stay, so I told him I would go to the back and stay for a few minutes and then I snuck out. When I went to pick him up, Georgia told me that he had started crying and wanted to go to his classroom, so that's what they did. Apparently, that made it all better. When we got in the car, he said he needed to go potty. I've been keeping a potty in the back of the Suburban for emergencies (I saw this on Jon & Kate and thought it was a good idea) so I pulled around to the back and put him on the potty. Apparently, he "held it" the whole time at VBS, because he almost filled up the potty....LOL!! Then, we headed to the grocery store to pick up a few things where we saw Grandma Marie. It was so cute. When Sawyer saw her he said "Hey Grandma.....that's my baby".....talking about Sutton. He's so proud of his brother :)

The next day was VBS again and MDO. So, he was at school from about 8:30a.m. 'till 2:00p.m. While he was at school, Sutton and I headed into town to do some shopping and met up with Courtney and Mom for lunch. After school, we went to Cayden's to give him his birthday gift since we missed his party because Sawyer was sick. Sawyer had a great time playing with all of Cayden's toys and of course, didn't want to leave. He had a MAJOR meltdown when we left!! I'm talking screaming at the top of his lungs....it was BAD!! Of course, by the time we got in the car he was fine. It was already 3:00p.m. when we got home, so we didn't get a nap. He "gave it up" while in the highchair though....LOL!! This is a rarity at our house. I rarely let him get to the point of pure exhaustion (naps, in our house, are an essential) but this day was an exception.

No comments:

Post a Comment