Hyatt Happenings

Friday, July 16, 2010

Sick Baby


Early yesterday morning (3:00 a.m.) Sawyer wakes up running a low-grade fever. I didn't think much of it, gave him some Motrin and then put him back to bed. He woke up feeling fine, but as the morning went on, he went downhill. I gave him some more Motrin, and he felt good for a while but went downhill as soon as the Motrin wore off. He basically ran a fever most of the day. He and I had enough of that fever, so at 7:00 p.m. I started alternating between Tylenol and Motrin and that finally broke it. His fever stayed down all night, so I thought he had "kicked" it, but as the day went on today, he started feeling bad again. Now, not only was he complaining with his stomach but also his throat. I immediately thought he might have strep. I called the doctor and made him an appointment. Thankfully, his strep test was negative, but his tonsils were VERY red. The doctor said it was just a "summer time virus", and it will have to run it's course and could last 3-5 days. However, since we have been home from the doctor, he has started feeling a lot better. Unfortunately, he missed his best friend's (Cayden) birthday party tonight that he was very much looking forward to. I just can't take him around other kids knowing he is contagious. We also were planning to take him to Alabama Adventures this weekend, but those plans went down the tube :(
Since Sawyer missed Cayden's party tonight, we wanted him to have some fun. We had pizza and cooked peanut butter fudgy bars, which he helped make!!

No comments:

Post a Comment